Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack)
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer who will develop software, help formalize development process and tooling, and contribute to the technical vision and strategy of the organization.
This role falls within the “Rights and Contracts” organization, which is focused on producing, cataloging, and distributing IP rights and contractual information for the enterprise.
Here are the responsibilities for this role.
- Work in an agile software development team to develop web applications with other developers within NBCUniversal and engineers from external teams.
- Design features that extend from the application user interface to underlying APIs.
- Develop automated tests for your code, ensuring every function, service, and object is compatible with your team’s work and with the many systems within the NBCUniversal system portfolio.
- Communicate with business partners around NBCUniversal to understand user needs, and analyze any technical issues to program highly functional systems.
- Create documentation for developers as well as business users to help them understand our products.
- Deploy to cloud-based platforms and be able to troubleshoot applications, cloud, and configuration issues when necessary.
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in software development, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
• Ability to visualize architecture of a proposed system or service, draw it out, socialize it, and build it.
• Ability to communicate asynchronously in a remote-first environment
• Experience with Python for application development, AWS, database systems, and SQL
• Experience with Typescript, Angular, and related frontend libraries & tools
• Philosophy of security, resiliency, and privacy by design
• Experience with the Python ecosystem, including tools for build, test and deployment
• Ability to think critically about problems, decipher user preferences versus hard requirements, and effectively use online and onsite resources to find appropriate solutions
• Experience working in a large codebase with multiple peer collaborators
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• B.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field strongly preferred
• Competent working in secured internal network environments and complex cloud networks setups
• Experience in building production-grade, cloud-native software (AWS preferred) with hands-on experience with serverless technologies and event-based architecture
• Experience with data modeling in relational database systems, especially for hierarchical data
• Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse team of varying skill sets and proficiencies.
• Ability to lead and instruct and take direction when appropriate.
• Effective in-person, written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working in large, multifaceted and matrixed organizations
• Organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage time effectively
• Ability to translate business process needs into clear technical requirements
• Ability to influence internal and external team members without direct reporting authority
• Passion for content distribution and keeping up to date with emerging platforms & the latest technology trends
• Ability to work and participate in a team with an open and collaborative style of communications
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, Ownership
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Software Engineer - Bioinformatics
Deep Genomics, Toronto/Boston/San Francisco Bay Area/Remote North Americ...