Senior Quality Engineer
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Quality Engineer will be a member of NBCUniversal’s Ad Sales Technology organization. This role will be responsible for both independently and collaboratively testing one or more Ad Sales applications at any given time, with a focus on automation. The Senior Quality Engineer will build test cases from user stories and requirements, execute tests and communicate results to ensure successful product releases.
- Performs hands-on testing, programming and debugging
- Develops a deep understanding of the business objectives and requirements of NBCU’s product
- Conducts testing one or more projects, determining the appropriate automation approac
- Communicates with project teams to understand build features, requirements and release
- Develops tests that meet functional and performance requirements and satisfy user acceptance criteria
- Follows existing testing tools and practices and provides recommendations for improvement
- Performs peer reviews of tests or scripts that other team members build
- Confirms user stories and requirements are met
- Ensures defects are quickly and clearly communicated
- Tracks progress and provides daily and/or weekly status reports
- Anticipates and raises potential issues that impact quality or delivery
- Assists with troubleshooting production issues to determine if a potential defect exists
- Keeps current with new technologies and testing tools
- Collaborates with product to understand user stories, engineering to understand architecture and design, and operations on environments and deployments
- Guides and directs onshore and offshore consultants on the team when needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline
• 4+ years of experience with software testing and automation
• Java programming experience
• Experience utilizing with testing frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG and Cucumber
• Experience testing REST APIs
• Experience testing relational databases and writing SQL
• Experience with issue and test management tools such as Jira, QMetry, TestRail
• Experience working with version control
• Experience integrating tests into a CI/CD pipeline
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Understanding of and experience testing in cloud environments, particularly AWS
• Experience within a media company
• Experience working with both remote onshore and offshore team members
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
File hosting service