Production Technology Support Specialist
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Production Technology Support Speciailist will focus on Live Graphics and Augmeted Reality systems providing best-in-class live television production support for NBCU, supporting live news, sports, and entertainment productions. This position will also support projects, where and as required, to implement changes, enhancements, and support technology refresh and expansion projects.
- Provide deep technical support of graphics systems (Vizrt, Chyron, Ross), Studio Set technology (LED walls, processors), and studio camera tracking systems (Stype, Mosys, NCAM).
- Resolve escalation support requests, monitor ticketing systems for new issues and assigned tasks, and performing preventative maintenance as assigned.
- Collaborate on projects, implementing changes and deploying new systems as assigned.
- Support virtualization and cloud initiatives, continuing deployment of virtual production systems both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Lead the creation and updating of configuration documentation, technical SOP’s, as-built drawings, etc.
- Support peers in other sites during outages, projects or events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film Production, Broadcasting, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of recent experience supporting and deploying Vizrt and Ross graphics systems used in a live production environment.
- Experience supporting studio camera tracking solutions, such as Stype, Mosys, NCAM, or other camera tracking solutions used for augmented and virtual reality applications.
- Must be willing to work evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays with little or/no notice depending on production schedules
- Must be available for travel as needed.
- Strong customer service skills and professionalism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide clear, decisive feedback while being prepared to pivot or change course when appropriate.
- Demonstrate a dedication to building and maintaining a stable, high-performance technical environment.
- Must be an expert with live graphics experience specifically with Vizrt and Ross systems.
- Experience supporting and deploying equipment in a production environment, including video router, production switchers, audio consoles, graphics and video playback systems, studio cameras, video & streaming encoders, and wireless audio systems.
- Demonstrate expertise with a broad range of technologies, including television production, transmission, wireless audio, intercom, and similar technologies, as well as automation/development and monitoring tools.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.