Library Governance Specialist
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Studio Distribution organization provides client services & media order management to several organizations across NBCUniversal including Television Distribution, Universal Pictures Group, Peacock, and domestic/international networks. The Library Governance team, a part of Studio Distribution, is responsible for the curation, research, and safeguarding of NBCUniversal Feature & Television digital assets across a growing number of media libraries.
The Specialist will be a subject matter expert regarding the digital archive library ensuring on-time archival, metadata curation, and ongoing maintenance for the content and asset management application. This position requires strong technical and analytical skills and abilities to ensure maximum, highest quality throughput while also providing best in class customer service.
- Manage client/vendor/partner engagement for day-to-day archival, restore, and record maintenance requests
- Lead the operational rigor across the digital archive supporting content delivery, onboarding of new vendors, file validation, metadata curation, and archival workflows
- Track and communicate with clients and internal teams regarding content defects or delivery error mitigation, ensuring that metrics are properly tracked and reported to management for workflow improvements
- Partner with engineering for capacity planning, serving as a key subject matter expert in delivery workflows and storage limitations
- Assist in identifying, developing, and executing operational initiatives within the team
- Responsible for achieving a monthly SLA target of 99.999% and driving excellence in customer experience and file integrity
- Seek opportunities for workflow enhancement and make recommendations for automation or operational efficiencies
- All other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.