Software Quality Engineer III
NBCUniversal, Orlando, Florida
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Perform software quality engineering, including black box testing, white box testing, user acceptance testing, and maintenance regression testing
- Automate tests using available and open-source tools and technologies.
- Learn and employ automation tools like Selenium, Ruby.
- Evaluate testing and inspection plans for projects of varying technology, complexity, and size.
- Develop and document test scripts, test cases, defect tracking and reports.
- Create and maintain manual and/or automated test scripts, test data, and other deliverables related to the software quality assurance (SQA) process.
- Review log files and other run-time documentation for defects and issues.
- Analyze the results of software tests and provide results for use in development code inspections and group reviews of project deliverables.
- Detect, document, and track system defects throughout the SQA process.
- Under direction of product management, participate in user acceptance testing.
- Perform maintenance regression testing.
- Work with development teams to support and implement applications.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
• 6 + experience as a QA Engineer or related position in a collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment
• 2+ years experience automating or extending a test framework
• 3+ years experience testing data analytics and reports
• 2+ years experience testing payment APIs and transactions
• Experience with e-commerce web and mobile transactional systems
• Familiarity and/or programming experience with .NET and web-based technologies
• Excellent SQL and data skills
• Understanding of configuration issues related to software development; UNIX experience preferred
• Experience maintaining test environments, automated testing tools, and other resources in support of SQA process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Be curious about how things work and love breaking things
• Be passionate about technology trends and all things related to testing, as well as automation and building tools to help do your job and help the rest of the team
Interested candidates must;
• Submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
Successful candidates will be required to;
• Submit an attestation disclosing COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting their vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Golf fuses the team behind products and services like GolfNow, TeeOff and GolfPass, which better connects golfers and golf facilities around the world through innovative solutions like cloud-based golf course management and SmartPlay contactless technology and services that create optimum golfing experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what’s Next.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.