Senior Frontend Engineer, Elections-News Digital
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Our technology stack includes: React, Next JS, Node, D3, Jest and Cypress.
This job can be done from anywhere, but on important election nights we’ll offer the opportunity to collaborate on site at 30 Rockefeller Center in NYC so we can be on hand for the NBC politics reporting team.
- 4+ years of front-end web development
- A track record building web applications with a modern web framework like React or Vue
- Familiarity with data, and best practices for displaying realtime data streams within user-facing web products
- Experience communicating with a multifunctional core team, including design and journalism colleagues
- A creative knack for solutions and a vision for streamlining code and processes, keeping both broadcast needs and engineering/design needs in perspective
- Experience keeping non-technical stakeholders informed in a distributed environment
- Relevant education, either a technical Bachelor's degree OR equivalent work experience
• Implement election storytelling, data visualizations (e.g.
charts, graphs, maps, cartograms), and other election
related features and services
• Use best practices including consistent coding
standards, style guide principles and browser testing
• Collaborate with dataviz, interactive graphics and
broadcast teams, as well as designers and back-end
developers to establish and execute digital deliverables
• Participate and contribute in team planning while
providing opinions and helping estimate the level of effort
on all projects.
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep