DreamWorks Technology - Software Engineer
NBCUniversal, Glendale, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world’s leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
DreamWorks Animation is seeking an experienced engineer to develop and support the software infrastructure used by DreamWorks technologists. As part of the Production Software department, you’ll help put cutting-edge tools in the hands of artists creating animated productions that are loved around the world.
This position will focus on our in-house software build and release system, researching and integrating new continuous integration/delivery, investigating container and cloud technologies, and improving developer workflows.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
“What would you say you do here?”
Support and improve the build and deployment infrastructure for in-house software packages.
Implement developer and automation build tools and workflows.
Assist developers in building/deploying software changes.
Build 3rd party libraries and applications, and integrate them into production environments.
Develop continuous integration, continuous deployment, and DevOps workflows and practices.
Troubleshoot software build and runtime bugs.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
● 1+ year experience with C++ application build/release tools.
● Experience with source code management (Git preferred).
● Experience working in Linux environments.
● Strong scripting skills with Python or similar.
● Familiarity with C++.
● Familiarity with building and debugging compiled code.
● Ability to communicate technical concepts with both technical and non-technical peers.
● Experience with release management.
● Proven ability to be proactive, resourceful, and a good collaborator.
● Proven ability to manage time and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
● Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
● Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal/DreamWorks Animation worksite.
● Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
“What can I offer?”
● Experience with software build and configuration tools including SCons, CMake, and Rez.
● Experience designing and building application release pipelines.
● Experience with CI/CD frameworks (GitHub Actions, CloudBees CD/RO, Jenkins).
● Knowledgeable in Linux library loading fundamentals and shell scripting
● Experience with Windows environments.
● Experience writing automated tests.
● Experience with application development is a plus.
● Experience compiling or contributing to open-source projects.
● Experience in a feature animation, visual effects, or game development environment.
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.