Technical Product Manager, Content Technology
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Technical Product Manager will be the driving force behind connecting technology with users to drive innovation across business units by exploring and adopting advanced workflows, automation tools such as cloud-based solutions, defining operational standards and best practices, participating in POC efforts, and piloting new technologies.
- Work with client teams, promoting a strong VOC, to uncover and understand end user needs and translate them into technical / workflow requirements. Ensure that implemented solutions match expectations.
- Partner with our various local / division engineering, operations, enterprise teams and vendors, serving as the primary operational subject matter expert supporting our portfolio of content technologies.
- Create and facilitate a culture of collaboration between businesses, maximizing the use of the human resource across the division.
- Lead the development of consensus to align operational best practices & standardization strategies across our businesses.
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate configuration and provisioning best practices and standards.
- Evaluate & evangelize opportunities for business appropriate advanced workflow and cloud-based solutions impacting news and post-production.
- Test new technology by leading POC initiatives and make recommendations for inclusion in strategic plan.
- Work with local & enterprise stakeholders to develop workflows, SOP's and operational implementation plans for new technology.
- Ensure the overall completeness and quality of vendor and internally provided training in news and post-production space.
- Lead training efforts as needed, while providing development opportunities for other high-performance associates
- Partner w/ local teams to drive continuous improvement in operational standards & practices, up to and including providing onsite operational assistance as needed
- Develop and curate our body of operational and training knowledge.
- Answer incoming questions about our portfolio of live production products and their capabilities.
- Assess and address technical risks.
- 10 years’ experience in production workflows in a major market / network news and/or sports operations.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, and on weekends with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Additional Job Requirements
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The social news and entertainment company.