Editorial Manager, BLK
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Responsible for setting the editorial agenda of NBC BLK on a daily and weekly basis, working closely with the senior news editors of NBCNews.com.
- Identifying and pitching breaking news, major stories and enterprise pieces for and about black communities.
- Editing and overseeing the publication of about two to three original pieces a week, in addition to a handful of news stories every week, working with a reporter assigned to BLK, other NBC News reporters, and freelancers.
- Working on long-term projects and planning with the Enterprise, Special Projects and Planning Editors of NBCNews.com, along with the Enterprise Digital video team, to produce both enterprise pieces and digital docs.
- Running NBC BLK’s social media accounts, a task that requires general audience awareness of the section and site to drive traffic and grow audience loyalty.
- Cultivating editorial relationships with content partners, within and outside of NBC News.
- Participate in journalism conferences, panel discussions and support NBC News diversity & inclusion initiatives within the company and external events.
- Managing rights of licensed content and ensuring published content meets rights and contractual agreements.
• This is a managerial position that requires at least 5 years of equivalent experience at a major newspaper, magazine or news website.
• The editorial manager must have a record of writing, producing and editing high-impact work on stories affecting the black community and/or a variety of topics.
• This editor should have excellent line editing, copy editing skills and rich and plentiful story ideas.
• It’s important to come with a Rolodex of freelance writers and producers with solid experience writing about black culture, race and politics and about stories and issues that deeply impact and resonate with black communities.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
390 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Jobs You May Like
Brand Knew, Los Angeles