Visual Storyteller - NY
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Do you have a passion for shooting video and telling stories, but have a hard time fitting into the typical broadcast news mold? Are you an explorer, intrigued by the idea of creating your own space in a brand new startup environment? NBC Owned Stations recently launched LX, a new news product, and we are seeking a highly-skilled video journalist to create content that resonates across all platforms.
We are building a team of editorial innovators, ready to question every step of the traditional process, and willing to experiment in the field. We want journalists who believe content begins with the story, not the medium. We seek storytellers who aren’t afraid to fail and always take ownership of their work.
This isn’t your boss’ newsroom job – it’s news, science, tech, culture, and everything in between, customized by your unique voice.
You should be that perfect blend of tech savvy video lover who loves being behind the camera, is confident in front of it and loves to edit.
You should excel at capturing footage and shooting video in the field, with equal skill at experimenting with social media and mobile technologies.
You should have a creative eye for pairing visuals, text, and graphics into compelling content and be familiar with producing it.
You should be as comfortable acting as a one-person-band in the field as you are collaborating with colleagues across the country.
You should also be competent at every step of the video creation process, from conception to final rollout.
You should have a keen sense of judgment, able to identify relevant and trending topics ahead of the curve.
- At least 3+ years professional experience in news, documentary or similar field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience in Adobe Premiere
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience in Adobe After Effects and Photoshop
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience in DSLR shooting
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience in Lighting and Audio
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience working with a CMS
- Basic understanding of Web analytics
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
- Must be willing to work primarily at the office in New York, NY
- Must be willing to travel and work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
~Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. to 50 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Eager to explore new ways of delivering content to our audience where they are and doing so in the most efficient way
- Proven track record of making content that is shareable and well suited for social consumption
- Strong speech skills with the ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
- Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure environment
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Public Relations
Thrive Market, Los Angeles, CA