Membership Manager, CNBC Councils
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Membership Manager is responsible for recruiting, onboarding and retaining members in these premiere executive councils and ensuring a high-quality member experience.
The role's core responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Launch, Recruitment, & Retention
- Define and outline standards and goals for overall council composition and requirements for membership in partnership with Senior Editor, CNBC Councils
- Design, build and execute marketing and communications programs to help launch, grow, and expand our council offerings to C-level executive members, including messaging and marketing materials
- Develop and execute a membership acquisition and retention strategy that articulates value proposition to potential members of exclusive, invitation-only councils
- Align with Senior Editor on the strategic vision, recruitment process, intake standards, and target list for council membership
- Create and execute on goals and KPIs for member recruitment and retention that support broader organizational priorities
- Source, invite and recruit new members and manage the full lifecycle of membership using a CRM and/or other analytical tracking tools
- Respond to inbound inquiries about CNBC Councils programs; vet potential members based on requirements and standards
- Forge strong relationships with C-level executives and other key stakeholders across Fortune 1000 companies to support recruitment effort
- Craft and deliver a welcome experience for new members (onboarding materials, conference calls, etc.); responsible for guiding them through member benefits, including programming calendar, executive profile, newsletters, directory, and more, ensuring that they receive the most of their membership experience
- Develop a regular cadence of communication with members that ensures they are taking full advantage of their membership experience
- Lead the systems implementation and enhancements for members, including website and internal communications portal
- Serve as a first point of contact for member inquiries
- Develop new models that leverage membership program to grow CNBC’s corporate relationships and broader organizational priorities
• At least 3 years of experience in B2B marketing, communication, and/or sales marketing roles, especially in elite membership programs and professional events for senior executives
• Ability to communicate effectively with C-level executives and their key stakeholders
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to collaborate with key cross-functional partners in editorial, news, sales, marketing and events teams
• Knowledge of critical issues facing C-level executives in today’s business landscape
• Familiarity with CNBC's content, brand, 30-year legacy and ongoing publicly available initiatives
• Must be entrepreneurial and self-starter with the ability to fully own and drive projects forward
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, where perks include free shuttle transportation, free on-site gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria and more!
• Experience with audience development for elite membership programs and professional events for senior executives a plus
• At least 2 years at a news, publishing or other media organization
• Ability to manage cross-functional stakeholders and complex projects
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize, and the capability to handle projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
• Detail-oriented self-starter with strong problem-solving and project management skills
• Existing relationships with C-level executives or internal stakeholders at large corporations a plus
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.