Director, Product Management, Commerce Product
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
Director, Product Management, Commerce Product, Peacock
- Lead a commerce track of work for direct-to-consumer, ad-supported streaming service set to debut in 2020.
- Define and build out a comprehensive roadmap using data to inform product decisions
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative features within the mobile and connected devices platforms
- Work closely with design and technical teams to create and develop features across web and client apps
- A/B test your way into proving theories on a small scale before releasing features to the entire consumer base
- Integrate market research and qualitative studies into product requirements to further enhance the digital experience
- Define and analyze metrics to better understand consumer behavioral patterns
- Communicate key performance metrics to stakeholders throughout the organization
- Successfully manage multiple streams of work collaborating with PMO to continuously deliver value
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Keen ability to coordinate with internal and external partners
• Unambiguous evidence of end-to-end ownership and delivery of one or more products—from early concept stage through every step
• Concrete documentation of performance metrics or other tangible results
• Experience building and managing a team of product managers and business analysts
• Consumer-centric view with a proven track-record of developing and acting on customer insights
• Background in creating and testing on-boarding and e-commerce experiences
• Experience running and analyzing A/B across web and client apps
• Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balancing consumer needs with organizational and product priorities, and the ability to clearly articulate rationale behind decisions
• Experience working with designers or designing user interfaces – experience creating wireframes and mockups is a plus
• Technical background. We aren’t looking for engineers, necessarily, but you will need to be technically conversant.
• You are a problem solver for the consumer
• You have a bias towards action to get things done and move the business forward
• You are analytical in nature, digging into and questioning everything
• You are constantly curious about understanding new and emerging technologies, and trends
• You are an advocate of the product and everything it entails
• Streaming video experience is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.