Director, Scripted Programming
NBCUniversal, Universal City, CA
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Director, Scripted Programming, NBCU International TV Studios, will work with senior executives in the studio and with portfolio production partners to develop, package, sell and produce series for streaming, cable networks, and other platforms.
- Support the scripted development, current production and second window sales of the internal production companies at NBCU International TV Studios.
- Ensure a consistent level of quality is achieved and maintained on all scripted creative fronts.
- Develop new and current programming, including identifying and securing new talent for projects in development.
- Introduce new writers to the studio with the potential for future development.
- Serve as a creative custodian/trouble-shooter/problem-solver on both current series and production, providing creative feedback and guidance, as needed.
- Support the sale of International Studios produced shows from across the world into second window venues on the US Networks and SVOD platforms.
- Leverage existing relationships at broadcast and cable networks, their parent companies, and emerging digital distribution platforms to help drive the pitch and program sales process.
- Foster a culture of creative risk-taking and fiscal responsibility.
- Maintain strong relationships with all internal stakeholders, as well as agency heads and high-level talent, to cement NBCU International TV Production as a desired destination for suppliers and talent.
Additional Job Requirements
International Studios delivers award-winning international television to millions across the globe. Based in London, NBCUniversal International Studios’ in-house production labels include: Carnival Films, Monkey Kingdom and Australian-based Matchbox Pictures. Additionally, NBCUniversal International Studios operates a joint production venture with Working Title Television and Heyday Television, owns an equity stake in LARK Productions in Canada (Motive) and has a first look deal with Hardy Son & Baker and 87 Films. It also operates a prolific global formats business, which licenses and produces content in over 70 territories worldwide.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
428 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Jobs You May Like
Bulk Handling Systems
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems