NBC4 Owned Stations Summer 2020 Internship (WNBC) – NY/NJ
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
- Studio / Field Production (New York Live / LXTV)
- Daytime Talk / Interview Programming
- Research & Strategy
- Consumer & Investigative Unit
- Sales Marketing
- Local Media / News
- Community / Public Relations
- Graphic Design
- Research information, assist with investigations and source subjects for possible interviews and story development
- Work closely with our consumer unit, making phone calls, interviewing viewers, alleged scammers and government agencies
- Upload daily stories to our website and listen to viewer tips/complaints
- Produce breaking news under deadline and pitch original enterprise stories
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY or Fort Lee, NJ
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 14th, 2020
• Summer Program Dates: June – August 2020
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations / Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Sales, English, Digital Media, Business, and Research
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
• Experience working with your campus newspaper and/or production
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.