Segment Producer, News Now
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
We are all about making stuff. New stuff. Mold-breaking stuff. And we are setting out to invent a new kind of news channel for a rising generation of news junkies. OTT. On all the time. Live news of the highest quality. Authentic. Voicy. Not extreme. No shouting allowed. Unexpected. Maybe even funny sometimes. But always informative and always stories well-told.
There are tens of millions of people who need the news but who don’t have cable. Inventing a new channel requires a new kind of voice. Creative, untethered to the tried and true but knows a best practice or two that’s worth following. Fearless, deeply journalistic, and a thoughtful story-teller.
If inventing the future of news sounds like a good reason to get out of bed and go to work in the morning, then take a look at the nitty gritty below and get in touch. But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.
The bulk of the job:
- Research and write strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
- Mine and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories
- Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
- Quality check all video content
- Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
- Produce live segments for live show, including writing sharp questions and identifying the strongest possible elements
You are strong in all the following ways:
• You’re an excellent writer and producer who brings journalism to life with crisp, compelling and conversational copy
• You think visually and know how to execute
• You’ve got big ideas and the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
• You’ve got thorough knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, and pop culture
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
• You’re familiar with inews, can search and edit footage and cut your own VOs and SOTs
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on weekends or late nights or after you’ve already put in a long day
• You’ve been working in broadcast, digital or cable for 2+ years – preferably working on live daily shows or in and around a control room
• You have a Bachelor’s degree
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
426 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Jobs You May Like
Head of Content
Khan Academy, Remote Friendly (must be willing to overlap with IST daily by 4 hours)