Film Music-Music Publishing Internship Summer 2020 Universal City
NBCUniversal, Universal City, CA
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Film Music department oversees the selection and commissioning of film composers; the monetization, management, and publishing of the music created by those composers for our films; and the selection, clearance, and licensing of third-party/commercial music for Universal-produced films.
There will be one (1) Music Publishing PAID internship available for the Summer 2020 (June 1, 2020-August 7, 2020) semester in the Film Music department at Universal Pictures, located on the studio lot. This specialized internship will be dedicated to the Music Publishing area of the department, which is responsible for monetizing and managing the studio’s film assets as it relates to film music, film score, theme songs, etc. by way of licensing to third parties. This internship is designed for students who are especially interested in learning more about Music Publishing.
• Must be familiar with basic music business procedures
• Following up on outstanding license requests/licenses/payments
• Updating our Access database which tracks all of our licenses and licensing activity
• Updating/maintaining database of music rights/copyrights
• Other research on an as-needed basis
• Must be computer-savvy
• Quick learner and must be a self-starter who is able to work independently
• Must be exceptionally detail-oriented
• Understanding of basic music publishing concepts strongly preferred
• Intern will also assist other areas of the department as needed
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Must be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
Deadline: Interested applications are encouraged to apply by February 14,2020
Summer Program Dates: June-August 2020
• Previous internship or work experience
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.