NBC Newsgathering Desk Intern Summer 2020 - Miami, FL
NBCUniversal, Miami, FL
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Interns assist our correspondents, producers and assignment editors on hour by hour and every day responsibilities.
- During breaking news, interns will help us make calls to sources to confirm reports.
- They will log press conferences.
- They will help us w/the logistics involved in sending news teams to the field.
- They will do editorial research and at times, go out w/the producers and crews to gather elements for a story or events.
- They will help monitor several social media platforms and clear for usage UGC material (videos and photos) of interest for all NBC News platforms and partners.
- Interns need to be articulate and well-read (they must keep up with current events).
- They need to write well.
- They need to complete tasks in a timely manner, sometimes immediately
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Need to be able to work on-site in Miami, FL
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 14, 2020.
Summer Internship Program Dates: June 2020 – August 2020
Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Political Science, Production
• Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
• Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
• Interns should have experience or strong interest in politics/government, and/or journalism.
• Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures.
• Fluent in Spanish
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Analyst, External Testing, Quality Control
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States