Segment Producer - LX
NBCUniversal, Dallas - Fort Worth, TX
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
We’re looking for producers who are excellent writers and have a creative flare. We want journalists who believe content begins with the story. Candidates should be able to take any story and make it visually interesting and memorable. This position will also serve as the primary fill-in for show producers.
Our programming will be authentic, interactive and informative and we need segment producers who are creative, organized and motivated to develop and lead the evolution.
- Conceptualize and communicate your vision
- Organize and plan out content
- See product from start to finish, the overall production, timing, show design and writing of content on all platforms
- Line producing skills
- Experience editing and shooting video
- Knowledgeable of daily news and current events and awareness of what is news
- Must ensure accuracy, integrity, ethical values and balance of content
- Incorporate strategies for growth on broadcast and digital platforms
- Work closely with fellow producers, executive producers, editors and directors.
- Work directly with talent to ensure accurate and engaging content
- Contribute story ideas; participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings
- B.A. in Journalism or related field
- Minimum 2 years of producer experience
- Strong writing skills and creative ideas a must
- Proven leadership qualities
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
- Must be willing to work primarily at the office in Dallas, TX
- Must be willing to travel and work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Excellent news judgment
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Perform well under intense deadline pressure
- Eager to explore new ways of delivering content to our audience where they are and doing so in the most efficient way
- Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.