Audio Assist (A2/Stage Manager) - SportsNet New York - Freelance
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming, under supervision of Director & Operations Management
- Perform facility check with A1 from all mic and IFB positions in studio before daily production schedule begins
- Set up (pre-set, dress) and remove all mics and IFBs from guests prior to and after their appearance on SNY
- Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity studio appearance and all associated audio equipment including mics, IFBs, batteries, cables etc., notifying Operations management should either be in need of repair, replacement or maintenance
- Stage sets as needed for all programming
- Maintain and inventory studio props
- Assist on-screen hosts and guests as needed to facilitate production (as needed)
- Willingness and ability to train others as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
- One (1) year of experience in TV studio production preferred.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to travel as required
- A1 Operator experience a plus
- Aptitude and desire to be trained at the next technical level (TD, Audio)
- With proper training, serve as fill-in for all other Tech 1 positions as needed (i.e. Robotic Camera, Teleprompter, Video, Playback)
- Familiarity with NY sports a plus
- Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system a plus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
- Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Jobs You May Like
Bulk Handling Systems
Assembly Technician - Electrical and Mechanical
Bulk Handling Systems, National Recovery Technologies