Vice President, Quality & CDN Management, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, Stamford, CT
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Vice President, Quality & CDN Management will be part of the US Operations & Video team supporting ongoing quality monitoring and enhancements for NBC’s direct-to-consumer service. The Vice President will oversee a team of quality engineers, subject matter experts in next generation encoding/delivery and CDN configuration experts who will ensure the fidelity, quality and availability of our end to end video content pipeline.
- Work with Content Delivery Network providers to ensure that configurations are fully optimized to maximize user experience across multiple platforms
- Continuously monitor key performance indicators around video quality and provide regular reports to engineering and business leadership on metrics
- Focus teams’ efforts around defining video quality KPI’s, along with continuous improvement to metric reporting
- Evaluate future quality-based improvements for proof of concept work and deployment against world class platforms
- Developing dashboarding both real time and historically on quality metrics on a variety of OTT devices and firmware combinations
- Expertise in multi-CDN deployments, next generation monitoring platforms, content encoding specifications, proactive traffic shaping and monitoring systems
- C level reporting on a regular cadence on both the state of video delivery as it relates to next generation technologies in comparison to current end to end delivery pipeline deployed, including recommendations on large scale workstreams across application and video stacks
- Deep knowledge of video encoding specification including SD, HD, 4K/8K, HDR, 30/60FPS, HEVC as well as IP based transport protocols
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ management experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience managing large-scale digital software systems, preferably in the Content Delivery Network space
- Expertise in software security best practices and tooling
- Expertise in digital video codecs and encoding profiles
- Experience in digital media or direct-to-consumer video business highly preferred
- Expertise in high-availability software patterns and performance testing
- Knowledge of Cloud & Container Security
- Experience in deploying tools such as Web Application Firewalls, Container Security, Static & Dynamic Code Analysis, etc…
- In depth knowledge of all OTT platforms, including optimization of delivery methodology of each with a passion for staying on the cutting edge of digital video delivery
- Passionate about leading a team of engineers and committed to building world-class software systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
426 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room