CDN Design Engineer, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, Stamford, CT
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The CDN Engineer will be part of the Quality & CDN team where they will be responsible for building, and day-to-day management of, all content delivery network configurations required to operate NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms.
- Working with software delivery, site reliability engineering, and video engineering teams to determine CDN strategies and implement configuration changes to support needs of engineering teams
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for engineering teams, providing CDN architectural and troubleshooting for software delivery systems
- Ensuring that all CDN partners meet minimum requirements for reliability and resiliency, including definition and monitoring of CDN performance against group KPIs
- Evaluating potential CDN vendors and making recommendations for CDN utilization within the Direct-to-Consumer business unit
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing CDN configurations
- Knowledge of both video and site delivery configurations
- Expertise in CDN technology, including multi-CDN management
- Understanding of CDN best practices and industry standard KPIs and how to measure
- Experience implementing Web Application Firewalls and other CDN security technologies
- Hands-on with at least 2-3 CDN vendors, such as Akamai, Level3, or Limelight
- Excellent analytical problem solver with passion for quickly determining
- Knowledge of multiple cloud vendors and containerization technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
- Experience working for a CDN vendor highly preferred
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
23 Active Jobs
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.