Site Reliability Engineer, Persistence, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, Stamford, CT
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Persistence Engineer will be part of the Reliability & Performance team and will be responsible for building and maintaining the persistence layers utilized by the software systems that operate NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms.
- Work with the global Persistence Center of Excellence to support the persistence needs of the delivery teams building NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms
- Create and maintain persistence tooling and establish best practices for persistence
- Assist teams with troubleshooting technical issues and performance problems
- Provide consulting services to teams to ensure all systems are designed to be highly scalable, highly available and fault tolerant
- Support performance testing requirements of all deployed persistence technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role
- Programming experience in a scripting language (Python, Bash, etc…)
- Expertise in multiple cloud computing platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Understanding of configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, and Terraform
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD)
- Experience with CDN delivery providers such as Akamai
- Demonstrated experience with deploying large-scale multi-cloud digital applications
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Ability to follow established processes and workflows to ensure that all work is completed per group standards
- Experience with a digital media direct-to-consumer business highly preferred
- Certification in AWS, GCP, or Azure a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
139 Active Jobs
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one