Performance Testing Engineer, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, Stamford, CT
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The End-to-End Performance Testing Engineer will be part of the Reliability & Performance team and will be responsible for performance testing all services and systems used to deliver NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platform.
- Build and maintain a performance testing environment that allows the end-to-end application stack to be tested to scale regularly
- Integrate performance testing into CI/CD pipelines, work with development teams to define performance test strategy and test cases, and ensure all changes are tested prior to production deployments
- Create performance dashboards and reports
- Work with business to understand projections for system utilization and assist development teams in translating the projections into system test targets
- Execute performance tests, monitor performance against defined KPIs, and provide regular reports on test performance
- Stay up to date with performance test technologies
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in a performance testing role for a cloud application
• Expertise in building and executing tests in at least one framework such as BlazeMeter/JMeter, Gatling, and Akamai Soasta
• Understanding of multiple cloud computing platforms and CDN impacts on performance testing
• Basic Linux skills required
• Familiarity with CI/CD tooling (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD) and source control (e.g. Github, bitbucket)
• Understanding of SDLC and software development best practices
• Understanding of database fundamentals, SQL+PromSQL experience a plus
• Basic programming experience in a scripting language (Python, Bash, etc.)
• Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker/Kubernetes a plus
• Passion for automated testing
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Availability to travel as required
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
426 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room