Sr. Director, Product Management, Commerce Product, Peacock
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
As a Senior Director of Product Management on our team, you will conceive, define, design, develop, test, and launch vivid and compelling experiences that are contextually-relevant, exceedingly-useful, and curiously entertaining.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- You are a seasoned product leader with a proven track-record of end-to-end ownership and delivery of consumer-facing digital products
- You have relentlessly high standards and deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of digital product development. You use tools, technologies, established best practices, and your own experience-based methods.
- You look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer.
- You identify the most impactful concepts and push them through a rigorous course of critical evaluation, execution, implementation, experimentation, success—or failure.
- You are a strong communicator, able to articulate your point-of-view, engage in fact-based discourse, collaborate, compromise, and bridge gaps
- You are scrappy—focused, driven, and the natural owner of both big ideas and practical daily output.
- You feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
- You are fluid and adaptable—able to work on multiple tracks and pivot from one project to another.
- You are a force-multiplier, building product teams and growing talent
What you will do:
- Develop and own a roadmap of high-value, consumer-centric digital features and products. Use qualitative and quantitative data to define requirements.
- Present vision, strategy, work product, insights, and KPIs to stakeholders at every level of the organization.
- Collaborate with other product owners, designers, and engineers to successfully deliver products to market. Build, test, learn, and increment.
- Balance inputs from business, design, research, technology, and external teams. Create a network of cross-functional partners. Build rapport and earn trust.
- Define and evangelise best practices. Collaborate on the planning and building of scalable and extensible tools and resources.
- Lead and mentor others. Provide strategic direction, thought leadership, and inspiration to product managers and members of the wider team.
- 10–15 years owning the end-to-end development lifecycle—incubating, building, delivering, and scaling digital products
- Readiness to share a presentation of case studies of digital products
- Experience developing products for the web and shipping apps to iOS and Android
- Experience with entertainment platforms—tvOS, Fire TV, Roku, etc—a plus
- Expertise in rapid deployment and experimentation—metrics, analytics, A/B testing, user testing, and market research
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Close familiarity with common project management tools such as Jira as well as testing tools such as Optimizely or Mixpanel.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
402 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.