Director, Business Operations
NBCUniversal, Miami, FL
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Collaborate with business leaders and key stakeholders to support business transformation and organization effectiveness initiatives
- Responsible for overall project tracking and updates to leadership regarding project budgets, milestones, deadlines, and deliverables
- Identify and apply structured methodologies that support change management activities required by strategy initiatives and projects
- Facilitate the assessment and diagnosis of business needs to help design and implement interventions that enhance the effectiveness of teams, functions, programs, and entire business areas
- Facilitate change planning workshops and end-to-end change & transformation programs to enable transition from current to future state
- Design and lead process mapping workshops, including the use of assessment techniques and/or metrics to assess and improve process effectiveness
- Leverage data and analytics for design, implementation and evaluation of change programs
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, define, and advance both short and long-term goals
- Guide role clarity initiatives across multiple stakeholder groups, including the alignment between leaders, teams, and individuals
- Develop exceptional relationships and strong lines of communication across all businesses to allow for effective, on-going collaboration
- Manage multiple organization development projects of varying degrees of complexity simultaneously
- Develop new ideas, seeing issues from multiple angles, acting with a sense of curiosity and urgency to transport innovations from other areas, and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Other duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Film/TV production or Operations, or related field preferred and operational experience in large scale media environment (Broadcast, TV, News and information, Live Entertainment); or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4+ plus years of experience translating Organization Development and Change Management strategies into practical business applications at progressively increasing levels of scope and complexity
• Demonstrated leadership, management & analytical skills required, project-based management experience a must
• Demonstrated success managing large projects and change management efforts, with the ability to define, communicate and implement the strategic direction of the business
• Able to compellingly communicate complex concepts to employees at all levels, including large-group settings
• Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units
• Anticipates business needs, identifies opportunities to advance business objectives and/or minimize risk; create value through insight, leveraging data and analytics to create business value
• Is a positive example of corporate values, demonstrating adaptability in times of conflict; maintains a positive outlook in the face of adversity while inspiring others to do the same
• Raises the bar on performance for themselves and team/partners, inspiring others to over-deliver targets; resolves conflict quickly and is part of creating an environment in which constructive collaboration replaces tension
• Proven success working in a matrix organization influencing stakeholders across multiple business units and on all levels of management
• Must be self-motivating, self-sufficient and have the strong ability to work effectively as an individual or as part of a team.
• Proven ability to work and communicate effectively under tight deadlines, in high-pressure situations and in a team-oriented environment to work well under pressure
• Superior communications skills and executive presence; demonstration of best in class customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, MS Project and other related tools
• Preferred: PMP Certification
• Preferred: Experience with agile methodologies and tools
• Preferred: Bilingual English / Spanish
• Preferred: LEAN/CAP training and experience
• Preferred: Six Sigma Green and/or Black Belt Certification
• Interested candidates must submit resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation including credit check
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
25 Active Jobs
Join the future of financial communications
Jobs You May Like
Account Executive/Senior Account Executive
BGB Group, New York, NY