NABET Engineer (Photographer) - WZDC
NBCUniversal, Washington, D.C., DC
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Editing and shooting stories, interviews, videos, packages and other projects as assigned
- Assisting producers with coordinating and directing shoots and contribute in the pre-production process
- Maintain production equipment and computer backup systems
- Keep up production video database as well as software
- Keep track of upgrades, and keep supervisors and engineering department apprised of software and maintenance needs
- Complete projects as assigned
- Minimum 2 years newsgathering experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in combination of shooting live events, editing on nonlinear systems and operating ENG live/microwave truck
- Minimum 2 years Ability to operate bonded cell live units
- Minimum 2 years Ability to operate a live truck
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) with the ability to proficiently read, write and speak in Spanish
- Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must be available on evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Strong journalistic and communication skills
- Ability to produce network quality segments under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of public records laws
- Analyze data and turn it into visual stories
- Must possess strong detail-oriented research and writing skills
- Experience shooting and/or editing video a plus
- Must have a creative approach to digital platforms
- Strength in using social media to engage audience
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Ability to simultaneously shoot, edit and operate an ENG truck
- Knowledge and ability to operate communication tools and stay connected with the assignment constituencies (i.e. use of email software, cell phone, messaging tools, etc)
- Familiarity with new technologies such as bonded cell transmission, Go Pro cameras and file sharing applications
- Must be proficient working with Adobe Premiere Pro, and newer, systems
- Must be Proficient in the Panasonic P2 workflow
- Must have strong understanding of computer/IT workflows
- Must understand File Transfer Protocols
- Team player who excels in a fast-paced, exciting environment, while maintaining an unwavering dedication to quality work.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.