Telemundo Responde Multimedia Journalist
NBCUniversal, Centennial, CO
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
• Gathering news information and preparing presentation for air, on line and for social media.
• Will write news stories on a daily basis for station’s newscasts, recorded programs and/or other live, station broadcasts – either in the studio or out on location as needed.
• Will work with producers and news managers on developing, researching, investigating, writing, producing and presenting consumer and investigative stories as needed.
• Presents completed news stories that are accurate, journalistically sound, fair and balanced.
• Will report live during newscasts and breaking news as needed, either in studio or out in the field.
• Will coordinate, organize, conduct and video-record interviews.
• Will develop on-going “sweeps” and “special series” stories.
• Represents Telemundo in community related events.
• Builds relationships with community and contacts for developing story leads.
• Will gather news information and prepare for presentation in the newscast and all digital platforms, including writing and uploading content.
• Will shoot and edit promos, news material, bumpers, ID’s, show opens and marketing material, as well as gather information on newsworthy events.
• Will deliver copy ready from a Teleprompter or with no Teleprompter
• Will maintain informed on news events locally and nationally
• Will maintain technical equipment including cameras and lighting gear.
• Will manage project deadlines and deliverables.
• Will present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner; including presenting breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
• BA or BS in Journalism or related field.
• At least three years of television reporting, writing and live reporting experience.
• Must be an excellent writer and communicator in Spanish.
• Enterprise reporting required.
• Six years reporting experience preferred.
• Experience in partnering with legal team and working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations and story production as they relate to consumer, investigation and undercover news content.
• Must be willing to work in Denver and able to travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays) and report to work in emergencies depending on news coverage when required.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be completely fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write).
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable).
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Previous experience as an investigative and consumer reporter.
• Strong knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws.
• Excellent Spanish, reading, writing and speaking.
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking.
• Strong desire to be a consumer/viewer advocate.
• Strong journalistic integrity.
• High competitive nature.
• Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.
• Generate ideas and report breaking news either in studio or on location.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
• Skills to be a problem solver.
• Creative thinker with strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas.
• Strong writing skills with ability to connect on an emotional level.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.