Manager, Photo Operations
NBCUniversal, Universal City, CA
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Manager, Photo Operations will oversee financial and operational activities for the NBCUniversal Television photography department.
- Handle department time cards, invoices and start paper work
- Work with payroll services to pay freelance hires
- Create and maintain vendor set-up
- Process invoices
- Reconcile p-cards and T&E charges
- Work w/photo producers to create gallery estimates and project overall budgets for future photography assignments
- Follow-up with Photo Producers re outstanding invoices, timecards, etc.
- Liaise w/NBCU Photo licensing to process 3rd party invoices
- Actively log all invoices and time cards in comprehensive Excel document, allowing instant budget analysis and up-to-date tracking per show, and per gallery
- Work as a liaison to the finance department for all NBCU channels
- Manage quarterly financial accruals
- Handle all the department purchase orders with vendors
PHOTO EDITING SUPPORT:
- Create edits within NBCU DAM system
- Create and apply IPTC files (metadata) to images, renumber, and properly upload into NBCU DAM system
- Ability to resize images and create PDFs for press/publicity
- Perform basic editing (cropping, color correction, light retouching) in Photoshop and Bridge
- Add metadata and ID’s to select images that need to be published
- Prepping image selects for NBCU press site
- Streamline processes with NBCU channels – to improve understanding of NBCU DAM system
PHOTO PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
- Support NBCU photo producers as needed, re photo coverage for series, small-scale galleries, and corporate assignments. Assign and book external and internal photographers for unit coverage and galleries.
- Oversee freelance photographers, hair/makeup – ensure onboarding and timecards completed
- Set up all west coast executive headshots (hair/mu and photographer)
- Handle photography content from live shows and events – run cards, renumber images, add metadata, upload, send to press
- Production forms and uploading
- Creating edits in NBCU DAM system
• Minimum 3 years experience in photography, photo editing and photo production.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelors degree Photography, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field strongly desired.
• Experience with budget forecasting and analysis
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photo Mechanic, Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
• Experience working with digital photography and familiar with photo asset management systems
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.