Director, Scripted Development
NBCUniversal, Miami, FL
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Receives, analyzes and evaluates storylines, ideas, characters, plots and situations to determine new projects to be presented in the development committee according to the company’s long-term strategy.
- Responsible for selecting, assigning and managing writers to each project, evaluate and control their productivity and efficiency.
- Leads the development for Telemundo International Studios in evaluations of new projects and concepts.
- Focuses on streamlining production and generating content that is relevant and innovative for US born Hispanic audiences.
- Continuously analyzes and studies trends of audiovisual consumption to adapt and develop new formats.
- Ensures that all work is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo Studios’ infrastructure and adheres to EHS/OSHA regulations and procedures.
- Follows policies, applicable laws, and regulations to protect his/her own health and safety as well as that of other workers, the public, and the environment.
- Raises concerns about possible violations of EHS policies to your manager, business and EHS Leader
- Works under the direct supervision of the President of TGS and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in long form Spanish language scripted development and/or TV/film production
• Exhibits extensive knowledge of TV production, tastes and demographics of the US Hispanic population
• Bachelor’s Degree in either Arts, Communication, Journalism, TV Production or other related fields
• Must have extensive creative and managerial experience in developing scripted programming for novella/soap opera genre
• Must possess the ability to manage and bond with high powered talent
• Must possess the ability to manage administrative duties, departmental budgets and maintain corporate obligations
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Flexible self-starter who is punctual and attentive to details
• Team player and must demonstrate ability to motivate and lead a team
• Knowledge of industry deals, trends, key players and practices
• Ability to follow through and meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain discretion and manage confidential information
• Ability to handle multiple and varied projects at one time; organize, prioritize and follow-through
• Must be a quick thinker and have ability to execute quickly
• Strategic, energized thinker with a big picture mentality, able to align department to overall business goals
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.