Meteorologist - KXAS
NBCUniversal, Dallas - Fort Worth, TX
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Tell the market’s weather stories in a way that connects with and captivates viewers on all NBC 5 platforms.
- Produce content for multiple platforms.
- Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting weather stories, with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data.
- Produce weather graphics, including augmented reality, and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
- Work with the weather team and producers to create complete coverage of weather stories. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms.
- Some live reporting, and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
• Minimum of three years experience as a television meteorologist.
• Experience with severe weather coverage.
• Degree in meteorology. Certificates, seals and correspondence courses are not acceptable substitutes for more formalized training.
• Special consideration for those proficient in Photoshop and other 3D software.
• External applicants must submit a resume through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have the ability to work flexible hours, including the possibility of nights and weekends.
• Must be 18 years old or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas just south of DFW Airport
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Compelling on-air presence - crisp, clear, and confident delivery.
• Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather.
• Technologically savvy with strong computer skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
• Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD environment.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
38 Active Jobs
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.