Multimedia Journalist - Responde
NBCUniversal, Sacramento, CA
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- The Telemundo Responde/ Consumer Reporter/ Video Journalist is responsible for reporting news during week days and weekends. This position will report to the News Director, Executive Producer, Producers and Assignment Desk.
- Will work with producers and news managers on developing, researching, investigating, writing, producing and presenting consumer and investigative stories
- Investigative stories of deeply scrutinizing a single topic of interest, such as serious crimes, political corruption, or corporate wrongdoing, spending weeks researching and preparing said report. This report provides truth about people from government and other entities such as corporations who attempt to keep their often illegal activities secret. Its purpose is expose such actions so that those involved can be held accountable.
- Gather news information and facts to write scripts
- A strong writer
- Sharp and the ability to work well with others
- Produce daily content on a variety of platforms: internet and social media
- Work directly with E.P. and News Producer on story development
- Perform the Video Journalist duties during the work week
- Represent Telemundo in community events
• At least 2 – 4 years of reporting experience
• Shooting and Editing Skills with various editing software including Edius
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Enterprise reporting skills preferred. Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Ability to work long hours, when necessary
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in Sacramento, CA area
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
• High competitive nature
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
• Able to respond quickly and accurately to breaking new with Live Cut-ins
• Able to “ad-lib” effortlessly in various types of situations
• Creative with unique story ideas for development
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.