Senior Data Scientist
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Senior Data Scientist will be part of a team of Data Scientists that focus on the design and execution of advanced data exploration, data mining, inference and prediction multiple traditional and non-traditional media measurement data sets. The Senior Data Scientist will work closely with internal clients, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and IT across all NBCUniversal businesses. The position reports to a Senior Director of Data Science.
- Provide methodological leadership within a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers in the development of new methods and/or the application of advanced methods for prediction and inference
- Contribute to the development and delivery of high-impact tools and insights comprised of aggregated data sets and advanced algorithms with a clean user experience
- Think critically about data and the appropriate pairings of uses cases and data
- Manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad-hoc and operational projects
- Translate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization
- PhD in Statistics strongly preferred; other Advanced Degrees in equivalent quantitative fields (i.e. Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc) will also be considered
- Deep theoretical knowledge of statistical science, and experience applying advanced methods for inference and prediction
- 4+ years of experience in Data Science, advanced analytics or similar experience in academia applying statistical methods and machine learning techniques with high levels of proficiency
- 2+ years of experience with time-series forecasting methods and applications
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization techniques and concepts
- 1+ years of experience using relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of R and Python, additional languages (i.e., Julia, Java, Scala) a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Bayesian statistics and applications
- Experience using cluster computing environments and Spark, Hive and/or Hadoop a bonus
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
- Experience with television ratings and digital measurement tools (Nielsen, Rentrak, comScore, Omniture, etc.)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
181 Active Jobs
On-demand delivery empowering local economies