NBCUniversal, Orlando, FL
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Responsible for overall production, flow, accuracy, content and every element of each newscast.
- Responsible for being a key newsroom leader clearly and timely communicating his/her vision and the show’s needs to each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. assignment editor, anchors, VJ’s, editors and production crews.)
- Understand newscast’s audience, mission and station priorities. Integrate all station platforms in the showcasing of the news production.
- Work closely with the Executive Producer on special projects and news coverages.
- Well-informed on daily news events, past news events and know what is news for the WTMO Hispanic market.
- Craft content using excellent writing skills, as well as your own unique vision.
- Plan, supervise and execute Live Shots and Live Remotes during live newscasts.
- Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and reporter/anchor lead-ins.
- Timely respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
- Coordinate and plan future coverages.
- Work with Video Journalists on their visual and written storytelling and presentation.
- Write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and daily news briefs.
- Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
- Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and be a team player. Lead the team to the common goal of producing an innovative, flawless, creative, interesting newscasts. Communicate clear directions and changes to all the newscasts’ team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics.
• Must be an experienced journalist with a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field in communication and/or must have proven equivalent experience.
• Must be able to speak, read, and write perfect Spanish and must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
• A minimum of 2 years of News Producer experience.
• Experience in Line-production and proven track record or boothing live events, live shots, and newscasts.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas, and writing skills a must.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL area and travel as needed for special assignments.
• Must have the ability to work long hours, weekdays and weekends, varying shifts (including overnight), and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and passport.
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution program
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
420 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room