NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Work with a driven and highly motivated team to support the sales operations of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. As an Account Executive at NBC Universal (NBCU), you will be responsible for developing, generating and maintaining new and existing business for our Lifestyle vertical.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate/increase revenue of new and existing accounts direct from clients to meet annual revenue goals
- Generate additional revenue from untapped sources
- Own, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies and advertisers through day-to-day interactions; actively grow industry relationships in order to gain marketplace intelligence
- Understand customer needs and look for opportunities to develop monetize-able creative solutions, including customizable cross-platform opportunities that meet client needs
- Create compelling sales presentations and execute sales calls with agency planning/buying groups and clients to secure business, utilizing rate card guidelines and keeping the network’s best inventory interests in mind
- Direct accounts from proposal through post-analysis
- Ensure clients receive superior customer service
- Lead, develop, motivate and mentor support team.
- Maintain a working knowledge of research products, Nielson and MRI
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum of 5+ years selling experience in Cable or Broadcast Ad Sales
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Established relationships with clients and agencies strongly desired
• Proven experience in prospecting new clients, generating sales leads and closing the sale
• Must have excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Self-starter; ability to work very independently, but also fit into a strong team environment
• Ability to travel as necessary
• Ability to effectively analyze numeric data.
• Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.