NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
· Collaborate with NBC News producers and editors in 30 Rock and its news bureaus on the acquisition, selection, editing, publishing and distribution of live and on-demand video content
· Select, edit and publish images to promote video clips
· Write and edit text to be used on-screen and for headlines and captions
· Tag video content with editorially relevant metadata
· Program feeds for syndication and distribution of video content
· Must be willing to work flexible schedule, nights and weekends.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum three years of experience producing, editing video on the web
• Proficiency in nonlinear editing systems
• Strong journalistic writing skills editorial judgment. Familiarity with AP Style.
• Experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Strong knowledge of and interest in national politics, current events and a superior eye for spotting compelling video
• Experience crafting evocative, fair and accurate headlines and informative captions
• Basic photo editing skills
• Well-versed in the rules of grammar and AP style
• Speedy decision-making and quick reactions to newsworthy, fresh topics
• Strong organizational skills and strong work ethic
• Ability to take direction well and provide self-direction
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, often-hectic environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments well under extreme deadlines
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or other discipline emphasizing storytelling and multimedia creation
· Further background in broadcast news production
· Experience with Avid video editing is a plus
· Experience with social media platforms
· Knowledge of NBC News policies guidelines and practices
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
426 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room