Writer/Digital Producer - LX
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Writer/Digital Producer must be a natural collaborator, able to work effectively with the LX team and the broader NBC Owned Television Stations digital team. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer with experience creating unique content aimed at a younger audience. S/he must have strong news judgment, editing skills, and organizational ability, as well as a firm grasp of how younger news consumers use existing and emerging platforms. The right candidate knows how to make stories shine on multiple platforms – whether it’s a story they’ve produced from scratch or something created by the LX team. The Digital Producer will help curate LX’s digital properties, including owned properties (web site and apps) and social channels, and will follow a digital content production schedule and help communicate it throughout the division/monitor industry trends and innovations in cross-platform digital news. The Digital Producer will also serve as the primary deputy for the Digital Director, filling in that person’s responsibilities when necessary.
- At least 3 years professional experience writing news or lifestyle content for a digital-first news organization or brand.
- Experience working in a newsroom and creating content on breaking news deadlines.
- Prior experience working with a CMS.
- Strong understanding of digital analytics and trends
- Basic current knowledge of copyright laws as it applies to digital publishing and social media
- Proven track record managing assets published to digital platforms, including reviewing for accuracy, grammar, etc.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to work at the Rockefeller Center office in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
183 Active Jobs
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.