Product Design Engineer
Nebia, San Francisco, CA
Shower like never before, with the most advanced shower system.
At Nebia, we are building products that transform how people interact with water in their daily lives. We’ve started by building a completely new shower which delivers a better experience, beautiful design, and up to 70% water savings.
Over the past three years we have been conducting extensive R&D, developing the product, and testing beta units with Google, Apple, Equinox and Stanford University. In August 2015 we launched Nebia on Kickstarter and received over $3 million in pre-orders. We have been covered by over 500 publications around the world, including The New York Times, WIRED, Wall Street Journal, and Fast Company.
We are looking for an experienced engineer (5+ years) to help create next generation products for the home. This role entails leading development and design of home fixtures, integrating proprietary technology, state-of-the-art manufacturing, and world-class design. You will own component design and end-to-end mechanical development.
- Work closely with industrial design and manufacturing partners to define, design, build, and test new products.
- Brainstorm and execute mechanical design concepts from prototyping to mass production.
- Generate innovative designs, with consideration for manufacturability.
- Perform design validation and characterization from prototype bring-up to product testing.
- Driving failure analyses and design of experiments to reach solutions and corrective actions.
- Establish and conduct design reviews, file release processes, and design validation processes.
- Build out the engineering team as the company and product expands.
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical product design engineering experience.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software (Solidworks, ProE, Unigraphics, etc).
- Experience in design for manufacturability (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), and GD&T.
- Mechanical design engineering experience of small parts, component design, and assembly experience.
- Experience with mechanical design engineering of any of the following: consumer electronics, medical devices, automotive components, injection molding, consumer appliances with tight tolerances.
- Experience with medium to high volume (40k-250k units/year) production
- Willingness to own the end-to-end product experience: excellence driven, problem solver, self-starter, analytical
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and lean environment, obsessed with customer experience and fanatic about the details, scrappy and willing to wear multiple hats
- Passion for improving people's lives—and the world—through technology
About Nebia Nebia was started on the premise of creating great products that fundamentally change the way people think about their relationship to water in their home. Our team is driven by an obsessive passion for creating better experiences, as well as a core belief that we can be more responsible consumers of earth’s most precious resource. The Nebia shower launched on Kickstarter in August 2015 and raised over $3M in one month.
Want to learn more about Nebia? Visit Nebia's website.
The best bed for better sleep