General Manager (Credit Cards)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet’s mission is to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. The General Manager for Credit Cards is responsible for leading NerdWallet’s largest business line, with full P&L responsibility. You will have a unique ability to lead a large segment of business for a fast growing company. The successful candidate is competitive, resourceful, creative, and analytical. The role includes direct management of engineering, product management, design, marketing, and business development and will work across all major functions at NerdWallet. NerdWallet is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in New York City. The position can be based at a NerdWallet office or geographically remote. The role reports to the Chief Product Officer & General Manager, Consumer Credit.
Where you can make an impact:
- Drive results to plan, including direct ownership of the P&L for the Credit Cards business line
- Lead strategy, planning, and execution with a direct team (not matrixed) aligned to support the business
- Explore and develop new product offerings to help consumers access the products they need
- Highly Analytical: you have the ability to analyze, learn, and understand situations quickly and focus on the activities that matter the most.
- Growth oriented: you have the ability to sustain and grow a high performance business line, which includes setting the strategic direction and digging into the execution.
- A strong leader: you have a managerial track record of success across a diverse team and a proven ability to motivate and hold colleagues accountable.
- A domain Expert: you have direct experience scaling ecommerce companies, with an emphasis on customer trust and loyalty; work within the credit cards landscape is a plus.
- 6+ years of experience in strategic and operating roles with proven results from taking strategy through successful execution
- Experience driving growth at recognized consumer brand with an emphasis on test-and-learn development
- Proven track record of driving business outcomes by linking your organization’s work to macro business objectives and using customer and financial data to execute effectively
- Business development / strategic partnership experience helpful
- Deep data and analytics orientation
- Industry background in financial services and consumer credit helpful
- Experience managing cross-functional organizations through times of growth and change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- MBA preferred
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
The best bed for better sleep