Director of User Research
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
We are seeking an experienced Director of User Research to lead our User Research team. As the Director of User Research, your mission will be to help NerdWallet develop innovative new products and services, as well as improve existing ones. At its core, it’s about deeply understanding the needs and behaviors of our users, and generating actionable insights to drive product and design strategy and execution. For this position, we are looking for a leader with proven management skills and experience with mixed research methods, as well as with a high visibility/traffic consumer grade product. You will be a member of the design leadership team and have the ability to oversee high-impact initiatives immediately.
NerdWallet’s user research team plays a critical role in developing the insights behind our product decisions. We're looking for someone who is passionate about consumers, human-centered design and has a history of driving large scale projects with cross-functional teams.
- A key member of the design and product leadership team. You will lead, inspire and develop a team of 4 in-house experienced researchers.
- A highly collaborative and insightful leader. You strive to help your team partner cross-functionally to build the very best product/user experiences and help remove roadblocks where necessary.
- An effective strategist and collaborator with the marketing/consumer insights team.
- An evangelist of research practices and user-centered design throughout the company.
- An influencer and hold high social capital in the UXR community.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, in the lab and in the field, on consumer mobile and/or web products.
- At least 5 years experience managing UX and/or research teams.
- Serve as a thought partner with executive and cross-functional leadership teams.
- You have experience prioritizing in-house research efforts and understanding when and how to leverage 3rd-party vendors.
- You have a track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced real product decisions.
- Strong research experience across different methods, with both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You have a solid background implementing a wide variety of research methods (e.g. rapid ethnography, contextual inquiry, focus groups, surveys, concept testing, usability validation, experimentation).
- Degree in Design, Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Design Strategy or related field.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit http://www.nerdwallet.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Interaction Designer
Part Time Visual Design Instructor
General Assembly, Chicago
Product Copywriter (Contract)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
User Experience Design Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, Austin, TX
UX Designer Intern
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Yelp, San Francisco, CA