Senior Security Engineer (Infrastructure/Network)
NerdWallet, (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
Making important financial decisions is time-consuming and a major cause for anxiety. NerdWallet aims to offer consumers clarity for all of life's financial decisions. Whether it's selecting the best credit card, insurance plan, loans or investing option, people lack the clear, unbiased information they need to make the best choice. By offering the consumer unbiased advice, NerdWallet empowers consumers to make informed financial decisions that best meet their personal needs.
Over the past year and a half, NerdWallet has worked to expand our content marketplace business to create a more holistic membership experience and better understand their pain points, allowing us to make more personalized recommendations.
We are passionate about engineering with artistry and have the expertise to know that agile, resilient systems require clear thinking and equally simple implementations. We are developing systems for unifying disparate data to power relevant and engaging experiences.
“A programmer who subconsciously views himself as an artist will enjoy what he does and will do it better” -Donald Knuth
Where you can make an impact:
- Put your AWS skills to work securing our cloud platforms.
- Partner with DevOps team to help design, deploy and monitor our production infrastructure
- Build automation into our CI/CD pipeline to implement security checks
- Provide security insights by tracking and reporting key operational security metrics
- Help the DevOps team with securely deploying services, key management, PKI, etc.
- Influence our software architecture and design by participating in Architectural Council meetings
- Experience with DevOps environments and domain expertise with AWS
- Build tools or scripts to automate security tasks
- 5+ years of experience hardening network & infrastructure
- Setting up and managing tools: penetration testing, log monitoring, host or network
- Unix security/administration skill is a plus
What we offer:
- Ability to work remotely with 25% travel to our office in San Francisco
- Competitive compensation package (top 10%)
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Generous and flexible vacation
- (Remote) Co-working space subsidy
- (Remote) Ergonomic desk, chair and/or keyboard subsidy
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, IT Computer Systems Validation
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Frontend Developer (Angular/React.js)
Paytm Labs, Noida, Bangalore
Software Development Engineer in Test (mobile)
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
ecobee, Toronto, ON
Site Reliability Engineer
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654