Senior Security Engineer (Infrastructure/Network)
NerdWallet, San Francisco
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet’s business is built on trust. Our customers trust us with highly sensitive personal information including SSNs, bank account numbers, etc. Not only do we take it seriously to securely protect our customer’s data, we go above and beyond to make security a business differentiator.
Where you can make an impact:
- Build creative tools and solutions to security-harden NerdWallet’s production infrastructure including systems and networking without diminishing productivity
- Build security tools and monitoring capabilities to improve our ability to detect security incidents and response capabilities.
- Help drive our efforts to comply with ISO-27001, SOC-2, GLBA, SOX, etc.
- Passionate about protecting NerdWallet user’s data and brand
- Solution driven, excited to proactively build solutions (tools, libraries, service) than just detecting/reporting vulnerabilities
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with Engineering, DevOps and Build/Release teams
- Self driven, motivated and looking for new challenges to develop your career
- Keen to learn and research latest attack trends, tools, and the threat landscape
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience building secure systems, networks and infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of authentication protocols(SAML, RADIUS), applied cryptography, PKI, networking (TCP/IP, DNS, SSL/TLS)
- Proficient in at least one coding language: C++, Python, PHP, Shell programming
- Setting up and managing tools: penetration testing (BurpSuite, Metasploit, Nessus), log monitoring (Splunk, SumoLogic, SIEMs), host (OSSEC), network (IDS/IPS)
- Experience with DevOps environments and AWS security controls a strong plus.
- Experience with incident response and forensics a plus
- Unix security/administration skills a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit http://www.nerdwallet.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Front End
Rocket Lawyer, London
Firmware Validation and Release Engineer - Intern
Velodyne, San Jose
Data Science Lead, Analytics - Education
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto
Marketplace Engineering Manager
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Staff SRE, App Services
Box, Redwood City, CA