Senior User Researcher
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
We are seeking an experienced User Researcher to join our Design team. As a Senior User Researcher, your mission will be to help NerdWallet develop innovative new products and services, as well as improve existing ones. At its core, it’s about deeply understanding the needs and behaviors of our users, and generating actionable insights to drive product and design strategy. You will be an early member of the User Research team and have the ability to contribute to high-impact projects right away.
For this position, we are looking for people with proven skills and experience in qualitative and mixed research methods, as well as usability validation. More importantly, you are a strategic thinker and you know how to discover, interpret, and communicate user insights for product design in a fast paced and scrappy environment.
Where you can make an impact:
- Manage large research initiatives from beginning to end.
- Ability to lead user research for a topic area and product, including proactively planning and executing a research agenda
- Experience partnering with product, engineering, design, and business leads throughout the research and design process.
- Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products.
- Employ a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, both in the lab and out in the field.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into actionable insights.
- Package insights into design tools and assets for the product managers and designers to leverage (i.e. personas, design principles, scenarios, frameworks, etc.)
- Communicate research findings out to project stakeholders.
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Manage external vendors to support research activities.
- Evangelize user research and user-centered design throughout the company.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, in the lab and in the field, on mobile and/or web products
- You’ve have a track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced real products
- You have experience using a wide variety research methods (e.g. rapid ethnography, contextual inquiry, focus groups, surveys, concept testing, usability validation, experimentation)
- You are self driven and take initiative to identify research needs and solve problems
- You clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings.
- You work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit http://www.nerdwallet.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Experience Designer (m/w)
Environment Outsource Review Artist (Contract)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Freelance Senior UX Designer
Carrot Creative, Carrot Brooklyn, NY
Senior Designer - Product Design
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Lead User Experience Designer
Junior Industrial Designer (Contract)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California