Software Engineer (New Grad)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet is seeking software engineers who are passionate about working in a high-growth start-up environment where there are real opportunities to make a meaningful and positive impact on consumers’ financial lives. New Grad engineers at NerdWallet will work on a variety of technical problems (front-end, back-end, data-science, full-stack) that will impact our educational and transparency products which are discovered and used by millions of consumers.
As a New Grad at NerdWallet, you will thrive in an environment where we value creativity, team-work and a “consumer-first” product culture. Our small teams of “Nerds” provide you with the unique opportunity to collaborate with and learn from seasoned engineers, product designers and business owners, thus evolving our products into a delightful, efficient, and seamless experience. We strive to help you become a well-rounded software engineer and product innovator who embodies the unique NerdWallet culture we are proud of.
Where you can make an impact:
- Design and deliver beautiful web and mobile products that are performant, secure, scalable and sustainable.
- Build and extend search, machine learning and content infrastructure that enables NerdWallet users to search for and find content that is relevant and personalized
- Drive improvements to our back end, data and front end infrastructure that will scale as NerdWallet’s products and audience grows.
- Develop and extend a crowd-sourced Q&A platform that delights and helps consumers by connecting them with subject-matter experts in personal finance.
- Build interesting tools for data quality, data integration, performance, QA and Operations (on top of AWS) that will make a positive impact on our software development process and site-operations.
- A creative problem solver: You are scrappy, ingenious, and relentless in solving extremely complex problems.
- Consumer product focused: You are passionate about creating products that improve the lives of millions of users and building delightful user experiences.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively in a team. You will be working closely with developers and customer groups to build product features and high quality products.
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Familiarity with technologies like AngularJS, Node.js, ElasticSearch, Flask, MySQL/Postgres, Kafka, AWS/Redshift, and passion about open-source software is a plus.
- Passion and interest in learning new programming languages and technology stacks.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit http://www.nerdwallet.com
Jobs You May Like
Client Support Engineer
Sailthru, San Francisco
Friending Backend Software Engineering Manager
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Senior Frontend Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Enterprise Security Architect
Sr. Developer | Sports Illustrated
Time Inc., New York, NY
Fitbit, US - San Francisco