Technical Quality Engineer Lead
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
We are looking for an experienced QA Technical Lead with strong software development skills and experience in developing and enhancing test automation frameworks.
Our application is built in React and Native, using industry best practices and OO design patterns with very high quality standards. Maintaining this level of quality is important for future growth and having reliable test results. Perfect candidate for this role has extensive lead SW development experience in an object oriented language and strong interest in working with test framework, mentoring team and improving internal tools.
As the Technical QA Lead, you will lead efforts to identify automation strategy across the whole engineering team. You will define tools to be used for automation framework, work on creation and establishing of the framework, as well as mentor SDET’s contributing to this project. You will lead and manage the automation effort, ensuring manual tests get automated and added to the regression suite. Work closely with Dev and Product teams and ensure timely delivery and automation of features every sprint release. Work with DevOps to build state of the art release pipeline.
- 5+ years experience in automated testing of distributed systems software, Agile methodologies, preferably in a SaaS environment using Agile Engineering process methodology.
- Experience establishing automation framework and seeing to fruition.
- Familiarity with industry standard CI and testing tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Selenium, JUnit. Familiarity with development environments utilizing Java and web services.
- Strategic thinker and a problem solver: layer questions and really understand the problem at-hand; understand the business and key drivers for success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: proven ability to lead both vertically and horizontally to achieve results; thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment and do what it takes to deliver results.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit http://www.nerdwallet.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Identity
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - New Grad
Fitbit, US - San Francisco, Boston
Software Engineer - Performance (London)
Yelp, London, UK
Software Engineer- Performance
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Software Engineer, Ad Targeting
Pinterest, San Francisco
Teamleiter (m/w) operative Qualitätssicherung
Harry’s, Harry's Germany