Vice President of Design and UX
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
Our consumers struggle to find clarity when deciding on a course of action for a financial decision. Our goal is to provide unbiased insights through simple and elegant product design. We’re intent on raising the bar in the financial technology space with smart, delightful solutions that identify user needs and tightly align with company priorities. As the VP of Design & User Experience, you will report directly to our Chief Product Officer and partner very closely with Product and Engineering leadership. You will lead our 30+ Product Design, User Research, and Brand organizations.
You are a key influencer in NerdWallet’s product vision, strategy and execution. You’re also an excellent communicator and a passionate manager that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are comfortable working closely with designers, product managers, and engineers that care deeply about creating beautiful, high-impact experiences.
- You navigate through ambiguity, articulate your viewpoint and influence at the leadership level to find the best outcomes.
- Fosters career development and growth paths for design leadership team members whilst considering their personal and team objectives.
- You use a structured approach and design systems to solve incredibly complex problems.
- A highly collaborative leader. You strive to partner cross-functionally to build the very best product/user experiences.
- Can articulate design from a qualitative and quantitative standpoint.
- A cultivator of user-centered design and a true advocating for our users - all while fostering and promoting design culture, inside and out.
- 10+ years of applied UX/UI design experience and 8+ years of design leadership
- Strong information design skills with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics
- History of inspiring and building a cohesive vision
- Active in the design community
- Experience leveraging and managing an in house user research team
- Has delivering mass-market, consumer-grade mobile product
- Leadership presence and can illustrate your ability to lead, mentor and coach
- A track record of attracting and recruiting multi-disciplinary design teams
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit http://www.nerdwallet.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - UI Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Eventbrite, Mendoza, Argentina
Postlight, New York, NY
Senior User Experience Architect
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Color and Material Designer (Contract)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Wish, San Francisco, United States