Senior Back End Engineer
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA or Remote (based in the U.S.)
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
*Based in San Francisco or 100% Remote*
NerdWallet is seeking a Senior Back End Engineer to help us optimize performance and scale our systems to handle the ever-increasing traffic and complexities across our web and mobile applications. At its core, our Back End Engineering team powers NerdWallet’s personalized experiences via user profiles, recommendations, and cross-platform communications. The ideal candidate will be a crucial member of our engineering team and help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth.
Where you can make an impact:
- Build easy to use tools and services that will be utilized across our product, engineering, and design organizations
- Technical freedom to guide the architecture for top-notch performance and reusability while communicating trade-offs between technical debt, quality, and speed
- An engineer with experience in writing high-quality code in Python and Go
- Some who can define complex projects and deliver them with larger groups (3+) of other engineers; this goes hand in hand with identifying engineering-team wide issues and raising them to management
- An expert in representing project status and communicating with product and technology leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services
- Experience influencing strategy within their working group, proactively identifying and resolving technical issues before escalation is required
- Past Scrum Master experience is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, kitchens stocked full of snacks and company happy hours
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
12 Active Jobs
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.