Senior Product Manager (Platforms)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
As the Senior Product Manager for our Platform Team, you will be building and scaling services that drive NerdWallet’s growth. The platform team is responsible for building and maintaining the systems and tools that our product relies on - from our user identity systems to data integrations to notification systems to financial partner integrations to compliance systems. You will work with product leaders to define strategic platform investments that help all of our products get better over time. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify, define and prioritize initiatives. Finally, you will collaborate closely with engineers to execute initiatives with excellence. You will be an early member of the platform team here and report to the Director of Product (Platforms).
Where you can make an impact:
- Manage the platform team’s roadmap by understanding how the platform team can make other teams more effective in executing the overall NerdWallet product strategy.
- Develop a technical understanding of our product’s systems and work with engineers and stakeholders to identify meaningful improvements.
- Drive new feature development from start to finish - write specs, work cross-functionally with other teams and engineering/design pods, launch features, analyze results and synthesize learnings.
- Identify, evaluate and integrate new data sources.
- Evaluate and support integrations with key partners.
- Manage a variety of stakeholders - business & product leaders, engineers, partners, and especially our end users - by making thoughtful trade-offs and communicating clearly.
- Build relationships and collaborate with people across the company.
- Mentor and develop other members of the product team as we grow and scale.
- A Focus on Execution: You have the organizational and analytical skills to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Strategic Intuition: You can synthesize external and internal data and team feedback to develop a coherent roadmap for our growing product needs
- An Analytical Approach: You can properly evaluate the success or failure of features and use data to guide next steps.
- A Collaborative Style: You work comfortably across teams and disciplines leveraging their talents, expertise, and insight to achieve shared goals
- Strong Client Empathy: You can imagine the world as others see it and understand their motivations and needs
- Exceptional Communication Skills: You have excellent written and oral communication skills to drive the platform vision within the organization
- A Commitment to Quality: You understand that a variety of stakeholders depend on platforms and that maintaining quality is a key feature
- 4+ years of technical or platform product management experience, preferably at a consumer driven company.
- A track record of successfully leading product development from concept through post-launch growth.
- Technical background (e.g. degree in computer science or engineering).
- Experience at a financial technology company a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.