NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
As a discipline, Program Management functions as the connective tissue stitching together Product-Engineering-Design-Business to deliver project excellence throughout NerdWallet's ecosystem. By practice, program managers enable senior management, thought leaders, and individual contributors to achieve predictable planning, execution, and reporting quality with expertise in project tools and best-in-class methodologies.
NerdWallet is seeking an individual with rich experiential depth in the classical program management paradigm of balancing venture against core initiatives within the linear constraints of scope, time, cost, quality. Beyond this core function, the key opportunity for a program manager is the additional complexity of working within a successful, hypergrowth startup. This environment requires a focused, credible individual that can influence and lend structure to an ambitious and dynamic environment.
The Program Manager role has a multidisciplinary focus that aims to revolutionize the personal finance space by bringing clarity for all life’s financial decisions. This critically important function sits at the key junction of Product, Engineering, Design, and Business and will drive program management status health and reports to senior management as well as lend close-in support for individual contributors within PED for organizing projects towards quality and timely releases.
Where you can make an impact:
- Thought Expert: Evangelist and architect of visible, high impact systems to manage and structure work, using both online tools and process frameworks (examples: Jira, Googledocs, Asana).
- Process Analyst: Chief advocate for health and efficiency of project delivery within PED environment with the goal of achieving balance of focus on both high value outputs and optimized for correctly calibrated outcomes. Provide feedback, coaching, and recommendations for management and individual contributors.
- Framework Builder: Acts as agile expert for internal projects; providing key points of articulation for best practices in multiple project approaches (from waterfall to agile knowledge areas).
- Thinker and Feeler: Execute creative problem solving approach to operability, project logistics, and communications of status and dependencies with sensitivity to needs of individuals.
- Bachelor's Degree from a top tier university preferred.
- 2+ years of program management experience required.
- You leverage deep experiences to implement multiple software/systems development methodologies to guide projects in flight to exceptional outcomes.
- Your multitasking ability to parallelize multiple workstreams with changing requirements is second to none.
- You have an interest and enthusiasm for consumer internet space in general and personal finance in particular.
- You possess superior situational awareness, managing without authority, and negotiation skills.
- You are able to understand complex requirements and actively develop proscriptive course corrections, scaling between low level project tasks to big picture success criteria.
- You consistently construct planning frameworks for projects on the ground and Wide ranging experience with workflow and project management tooling systems coupled with facility to introduce and sustain usage towards making the work environment better, faster, stronger.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
Jobs You May Like
HealthTap, Palo Alto & San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Sr. Technical Program Manager, Data
Box, Redwood City, CA
Partner Solutions Engineering Manager
TripleLift, New York
Growth Applications Engineer
Samsara, San Francisco
Sr iOS Developer
i.am+ Hollywood HQ, New York, NY