Lead Product Manager (User Acquisition)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet is seeking a highly strategic, analytical, and growth-oriented Product Management leader to join our team. You will be responsible for leading Acquisition for all of NerdWallet’s vertical businesses, In this role, you will be leading the team responsible for driving growth of our audience via partnering closely with other product managers, editorial content, and marketing teams.
You will have a major impact on NerdWallet’s growth trajectory: you will be expected to develop a deep understanding of consumer needs, identify new opportunities for traffic growth that align with our product roadmap, define key strategic initiatives, prioritize content team efforts, drive rapid testing to improve site engagement and membership conversion, and lead cross-functional execution. This is a high-impact role tackling both strategic and operational challenges, with a high level of ownership, visibility, and responsibility.
Where you will make an impact:
Drive profitable visitor growth at NerdWallet by leading the team responsible for developing the overall acquisition strategy for all Nerdwallet financial verticals. This team will:
- Identify and prioritize top opportunities, and ensure alignment across product, content, and marketing teams:
- Develop overall web acquisition strategy for all business verticals, identifying and prioritizing top opportunities, and ensuring alignment across product, content, and marketing teams
- Understand consumer pain points and develop a content experience to address these consumer needs
- Drives, communicates and evangelizes innovative audience acquisition ideas that fundamentally improve the company audience results. Crafts a clear roadmap, including new content and optimization tests (SEO) and new landing pages (performance marketing), using performance data and test learnings to inform new initiatives
- Drive execution and delivery cadence against initiatives (i.e. sprints) in close collaboration with our editors and writers as well as with our product management teams
- Deliver data-driven thought-leadership to accelerate growth, backed by:
- Skilled analysis of consumer needs and traffic opportunities
- Effective synthesis and communication of high-impact, actionable recommendations
- Strong communication at all levels of the organization
- Growth and development of team and individual team members.
- Owns the Traffic top-line for our P&L. You’ll be accountable for this key number and responsible for understanding trends, quality and performance, forecasting growth, and identifying opportunities to drive registrations and incremental revenue through traffic growth.
- Biased to action: able to quickly make decisions to drive execution, with little oversight; you take responsibility and initiative for shaping strategy and execution; other people look to you for solutions amid uncertainty
- Structured thinker: able to break-down opportunities into specific drivers, hypotheses and frameworks to structure your team’s thinking, generate action plans, and align stakeholders
- Strategically-minded: able to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives; eager to “think big” about attracting consumers to NerdWallet
- Highly effective influencer: able to build strong cross-functional partnerships and act as a thought-partner; you quickly drive complex projects forward
- Data-driven and analytical: skilled at turning data points into actionable insights; you focus on 80:20 analysis, prioritizing speed over perfection
- High-energy, company-first attitude: you are motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy balancing numerous priorities and demands
- A manager who leads through teaching and ensures your bench is developed so that your team can quickly take on more scope without hesitation.
- Experienced manager. Assesses, builds, coaches and sustains teams to ensure their capacity to focus, accomplish desired results and function well.
- 5+ years experience as growth PM, growth marketing, strategy consulting, or business operations in an internet startup (particularly B2C) preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business outcomes and/or products that move the needle on company metrics
- Proficient in using analytics tools to drive business insights (i.e. advanced Excel). Experience in Tableau, SQL, SEO tools or A/B testing tools a plus.
- Experience with SEO, performance marketing, and web user experience (UX) a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Product Management - Content Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer - New Grad - iOS
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior Director, Product Management - Customer Experience
ServiceTitan, Glendale, CA
Senior Lead of Product Management, International
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Technical Writer, Product Documentation (Contract)
Cloudflare, Austin, TX