Writer (Personal Finance)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA or Remote (based in the U.S.)
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet is looking for a full-time writer to join our team.
Candidates should be able to translate complex information on financial topics — such as stocks, 401(k)s, IRAs, brokerages and trends in the investment community — into conversational copy that engages our audience of both beginning and more-advanced investors.
NerdWallet has been around since 2009, helping consumers make smart financial decisions.
Our 70+ staff writers and editors have worked at outlets such as ABC, Bloomberg, CNN, Dow Jones, ESPN, the LA Times, MarketWatch, MSN, MSN Money, Reuters, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post. We also have staff writers who spent years as successful freelancers. What we have in common: We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem solve effectively. We're adaptable. We're highly collaborative.
Where you can make an impact:
- Write high-quality stories with a strong consumer-first orientation
- Leverage insights from analytics to grow NerdWallet's readership and improve the user experience
- Contribute ideas that strengthen NerdWallet's approach to product reviews and comparisons
- Help inform NerdWallet's product experiences
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity (We're a successful startup that will continue to grow and innovate aggressively.)
- A strong work ethic
- A strong command of language
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work well on your own, as well as in a team setting
- The ability to juggle multiple projects
- A strong educational or professional background in writing or communications
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Remote: co-working space subsidy
- Remote: ergonomic desk, chair and/or keyboard subsidy
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.