NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet is looking for an experienced senior engineering manager to lead multiple teams of talented engineers that build and maintain user facing products for our core membership experiences. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of building and mentoring high-end engineering teams, and are excited to build world-class, high scale products.
Where you can make an impact:
- Manage career paths and performance for teams of developers
- Manage development cycle for multiple software projects concurrently
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with product and design partners
- Coordinate and guide architecture decisions across multiple teams
- Maintain and improve operational excellence (monitoring, SLAs, post-mortems, etc.)
- Manage stakeholders and guidelines across product groups
- A hands on leader: You are an effective people manager that enjoys collaborating and mentoring a team of talented engineers.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with developers and product groups to build product features and high quality products.
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years managing engineering teams
- Experience delivering software at scale
- Past coding experience on product focused teams
- Degree in CS or related fields
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.